Learn how to enhance your decision-making using data
from the world’s leading authority in data analysis – prof. Joe Hair
Author of ‘Multivariate Data Analysis’ – bestseller cited 25,000+ times, and
Co-Developer of a PLS Structural Equation Modelling – decision-focused data analysis tool and software
Joining the MCOB faculty as Director of the DBA program and the Cleverdon Chair of Business, Dr. Joe Hair brings extensive experience as the founder and director of the Kennesaw State University DBA program. Prior to his appointment at USA he founded the Kennesaw State University DBA program, and before that held the Copeland Endowed Chair of Marketing in the Ourso College of Business Administration, Louisiana State University. He was a United States Steel Foundation Fellow at the University of Florida, where he earned his Ph.D. in Marketing. Dr. Hair has authored over 50 books including Multivariate Data Analysis, Prentice-Hall (with 7 sold-out editions worldwide, cited 110,000+ times and is in the top five all time social sciences research methods textbooks). He previously held the Copeland Endowed Chair of Entrepreneurship and was Director of Entrepreneurship Institute. He was recognized as the Academy of Marketing Science Marketing Educator of the year. He is the recipient of the Academy’s Outstanding Teaching Award.
DDC will provide participants with:
- Clear understanding of how to structure business problems into problems that can be addressed using data
- Ideas on how to structure models that enhance decision-making
- Key insights into statistics that enable measuring variables, and understanding and interpreting data
- Ability to use SPSS and SmartPLS software to “play with the data” and enhance decision-making
- Understanding how data analysis changes “useless data” into decision-making support system
After lectures, DDC encompasses supplementary workshops with regional scholars aiming to provide additional explanations and application to participants’ data-analytic problems. Attendance at this workshops is highly beneficial, but not obligatory for DDC participants.
Please explore experiences of Market Research colloquium in 2013 (click here), 2014 (click here), and 2015 (click here). Participants included academics from several universities and managers from companies such as Nestle, Zagrebačka banka, Hrvatski Telekom, dm-drogerie markt, Hendal, GfK, Poliklinika Bagatin, Coca Cola, Zvijezda, Jamnica, Podravka, Styria, Školska knjiga, Croata, Croatia Airlines, Pliva, Atlantic, Erste bank, Adris, Nova TV and others.
Timetable and location
DDC will take place in Školska knjiga presentation hall (Masarykova 28, Zagreb) on October 2-5, 2017, with the following schedule:
|Time||October 2nd||October 3rd||October 4th||October 5th|
|09:00-10:30||regional scholar||prof. Hair, PhD.||prof. Hair, PhD.||regional scholar|
|10:30-11:00||coffee break||coffee break||coffee break||coffee break|
|11:00-12:30||regional scholar||prof. Hair, PhD.||prof. Hair, PhD.||regional scholar|
|12:30-14:00||lunch break||lunch break||lunch break||lunch break|
|14:00-15:30||prof. Hair, PhD.||prof. Hair, PhD.||prof. Hair, PhD.||regional scholar|
|15:30-16:00||coffee break||coffee break||coffee break|
|16:00-17:30||prof. Hair, PhD.||prof. Hair, PhD.||prof. Hair, PhD.|
|17:30-17:45||coffee break||coffee break||coffee break|
|17:45-18:45||sup. workshop||sup. workshop||sup. workshop|
Handouts with major concepts will be provided. Data-sets from professor’s books will be used for demonstration purposes. Workshop is focused on “hands-on” analysis of the data-sets to demonstrate the software output diagnostics and proper interpretation of the results. After three days of workshops, participants will be given time to apply knowledge on their own data-sets, followed by discussion of data-driven decision-making in key areas of business (human resources, marketing, data-based process analyses, etc).
Who should attend?
- DDC is intended for individuals who could benefit from sophisticated data inputs: managers, data analysts, consultants, academics and PhD students. Program focuses on individuals who intensively rely on data.
- Number of participants is highly limited – so we invite you to apply on time. Participants are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- No prior knowledge of statistics or data analysis is required. Program is structured to be valuable to both those with and without prior knowledge – with a hands-on approach that enables participants to immediately benefit from the program.
Participants should bring a laptop to the program. Information on installation of the trial versions of required software (SPSS and SpartPLS) will be provided one week before lectures.
DDC participation fees
Due to the contributions by Innovation Institute’s Scholarship Fund and its partners, Data-driven Decision-making Colloquium participation fee is 6.900 HRK for applications made before July 31st, 2017. Due to limited resources, scholarships will be awarded to qualified applicants on the first-come-first-serve basis. Regular registration fee is 18.000 HRK. Please note that lunches are not included in the membership fee with scholarships. However, near the DDC venue there are numerous restaurants and fast food outlets which are available to you at your own convenience.
|DDC registration fees||Fee||Deadline|
|Regular fee||18.000 HRK (2.400 EUR)||–|
|Early registration fee||11.000 HRK (1.500 EUR)||31.08.2017.|
|Registration fee with scholarship||6.900 HRK (920 EUR)||31.07.2017.|
|Registration fee with academic scholarship||5.900 HRK (790 EUR)||31.07.2017.|
Special requirements for additional scholarship for academics and PhD students
In order to be considered for academic scholarships you should submit a 5-page manuscript with your original research contribution. Such manuscripts will go through double blind-review process and you will be notified of acceptance to the program. Please note that you can submit manuscripts that fit one of the following categories: (a) papers that you are submitting for publication within the DDC proceedings (usually universities are more likely to reimburse you colloquium costs if you have a paper to present and publish in proceedings); (b) work-in-progress manuscripts on which you are currently working; (c) recently published papers in relevant journals (within last 2 years). Any of these three types of submissions entitle you to the same DDC benefits. Accepted academics and PhD students will have an opportunity to have their contributions published and will be entitled to special scholarship making the final fee 5.900 HRK for applications before July 31st, 2017.
Applications and information
- Fill out an application form (click here).
- In case of applying for an Academic Scholarship you should submit a manuscript as instructed above to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After submitting required materials, you will receive an Acceptance letter and an Offer with scholarship information.
- Registration is completed upon payment (within 3 days) which registers you as an official participant of Data-driven Decision-making Colloquium 2016.
- Invoice will be sent to your e-mail upon payment. Original invoices will be distributed to participants at the first lecture of Data-driven Decision-making Colloquium 2016.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com